Google
Tech-Bits: Error Building with Ant in WSAD - Modern compiler not found - looking for classic compiler

Monday, March 07, 2005

Error Building with Ant in WSAD - Modern compiler not found - looking for classic compiler

Errors:
1.Modern compiler not found - looking for classic compiler
2.[javac] BUILD FAILED: Error starting modern compiler
3.target JDK should be comprised in between '1.1' and '1.4': javac1.4

Hi,
These errors pop up when I use Ant within WSAD 5.1 I was trying to compile my source code for complying to JAVA 1.4 When I use WSAD build/rebuild project it works. Then I figured Ant was using the 1.3 compiler inside eclipse plugin. So I set the compiler attribute to pick up the 1.4 compiler. Still I had similar errors [3rd error]. I think ant script behaves wierd inside of eclipse/wsad. The basic problem is :
Ant starts with whatever JRE/JDK WSAD starts up with.
After exhausting myself with all kinds of solutions pointed over the web :
1. Add tools.jar of java1.4 to ant library path
2. set JAVA_HOME to jdk1.4
etc.,
The solution I found courtesy Google and some blogging is to start WSAD with the specified java virtual machine[jvm] :
"C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.1\wsappdev.exe" -vm "C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\java.exe"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home